Finding Data in ERDDAP¶
Accessing CanWIN's ERDDAP¶
A user can access ERDDAP by:
- Going directly to CanWIN's ERDDAP home page: https://canwinerddap.ad.umanitoba.ca/erddap/index.html.
- From the main menu on the CanWIN site: Portals → CanWIN ERDDAP
- From the Quick Links on the CanWIN home page:
Finding data in ERDDAP¶
From the ERDDAP home page, you can find data in 3 ways:
Full Text Search: This allows you to search for data using one or more keywords. The keywords can be a part of the dataset name, ID, or in the metadata.
Advanced Search: This search provides advanced filtering options based on keywords and metadata categories, including time and location parameters. Note: Time range searches in Advanced Search require dates in
See all datasets by clicking on View a List of All # Datasets (# here being the number of datasets).
Downloading Data in ERDDAP¶
After you have found your dataset of choice, there are a few ways to download the data.
If your data is tabular:¶
- If you would like the option to download tabular data in a variety of formats, click data under Table DAP Data (see image below).
- You will then be taken to the TableDap Data Access Form. Here, you can filter the variables in your final file, and you can choose from a suite of output data formats under File type. After selecting your format, click Submit.
If your dataset is not tabular:¶
- You can access the source files by clicking files under Source Data Files.
- To download the file, simply click on the file link.